As a kid I loved to use potato stamps. They are the perfect size for little hands and you can have a stamp of anything you want. Now as a Mom I love them just about as much. Here are our recommendations for making potato stamps:
- Use medium sized baking or red potatoes.
- Cut the potato in half so each potato could make two stamps.
- Let the toddler draw the shape for the stamp on the end of the potato using a pencil or marker.
- An adult can use the knife to cut away the excess potato (making the stamp).
- Use tempera paint as ink doesn’t love to stick to the potato.
Other vegetables that make great stamps include parsnips, turnips, and carrots but these are a bit more costly than potatoes.