Have lunch just like the Hungry Caterpillar in Eric Carle’s classic children’s book! All you have to do is follow a very simple formula:
- Eat one of something.
- Next, eat two of something different.
- Followed by three of something different from the other two.
- Now, eat four of something new.
- Then, eat five – I think you are catching on!
- Finally, eat a variety of things all mixed together.
Our favorite Caterpillar Lunch includes:
- 1 Pretzel Stick
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Pieces of Cheese
- 4 Avocado Slices
- 5 Strawberries
- Variety – Trail Mix (Nuts, Dried Fruit, and m&m’s)
We often eat and while reading the story using our food choices instead of what is written in the book. What would your Caterpillar Lunch include?